No matter where you live, the weather in Vermont is always a subject for small talk. The weather comes up in almost every conversation, especially when it’s mid-January and temperatures have been stuck in the bone-chilling negatives for weeks. People bitch about their cars not starting. Icy sidewalks. Burning through heating oil and firewood. Drafty windows and energy audits. Wind burn and the feeling of frost bite. Pipes freezing. Pipes bursting. Then you have people complaining about the January thaw—even if a warm up is a welcome respite for a few days—and the ice it causes. And then slippery, slimy mud season until a few months of sun, blue skies and 75 degree temps remind everyone just how wonderful living in Vermont can be.
Winter in Vermont.
- Stick season in Vermont. Soon, this will be white… And cold. November 14, 2018
- Another picture I took in the rain. November 13, 2018
- A preview of things to come. November 12, 2018
- Veterans Day. November 11, 2018
- Autumn near Middlebury Vermont November 10, 2018
- Autumn in Stowe Vermont November 9, 2018
- Almost peak foliage at the Dorset Quarry in Dorset Vermont November 8, 2018