No matter where you live, the weather in Vermont is always a subject for small talk. The weather comes up in almost every conversation, especially when it’s mid-January and temperatures have been stuck in the bone-chilling negatives for weeks. People bitch about their cars not starting. Icy sidewalks. Burning through heating oil and firewood. Drafty windows and energy audits. Wind burn and the feeling of frost bite. Pipes freezing. Pipes bursting. Then you have people complaining about the January thaw—even if a warm up is a welcome respite for a few days—and the ice it causes. And then slippery, slimy mud season until a few months of sun, blue skies and 75 degree temps remind everyone just how wonderful living in Vermont can be.
Winter in Vermont.
- Autumn at the Sleepy Hollow Farm near Woodstock October 20, 2018
- Autumn in Montgomery October 19, 2018
- A canopy of color in Vermont October 18, 2018
- First Congregational Church in Berlin October 17, 2018
- Horse barn on the back roads of Barre October 16, 2018
- Mount Mansfield from Pleasant Valley October 15, 2018
- Yesterday in Huntington… October 14, 2018